Pellings (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that we hold. This privacy statement describes why and how we collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves, and by others. We may use personal data provided to us for the purposes described in this privacy statement or as made clear before collecting personal data.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. When collecting and using personal data, our policy is to be transparent about why and how we process personal data.
We process personal data for numerous purposes, and the means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods for each purpose are set out in the relevant sections below.
The personal data that is provided to us is provided either directly from the individual concerned, or from a third party acting on behalf of an individual.
Where we receive personal data that relates to a tenant from a third party, we always advise the third party of their responsibility to inform the tenant of how their data will be used and shared. Where necessary, reference may be made to this privacy statement.
We take the security of all the data we hold seriously. Staff are trained on data protection, confidentiality and security.
We have a framework of policies and procedures which ensure we regularly review the appropriateness of the measures we have in place to keep the data we hold secure.
All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at the sender’s risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Data that we hold
We provide services to individuals as well as organisations. The exact data held will depend on the services to be provided.
When engaging with individuals, we may collect and process personal data in order to satisfy a contractual or operational obligation. We request that individuals only provide the personal data that is required for us to fulfil our contractual or operational obligation.
Why do we process data?
Where data is collected for professional services, it is used for a number of purposes, as follows;
- If the individual is a tenant of a property we are surveying, we may have to process data to make contact and arrange a suitable time to have access to the property.
- In order to manage and administer our business and services, we may collect and process personal data. This may include (but is not limited to) maintaining internal business records, managing client relationships, hosting events, and maintaining internal operating processes.
- For Pellings to function, we may sometimes be required to collect and process personal data in order to fulfil regulatory or legal requirements. This may include (but is not limited to) the verification of identity of individuals.
What data is processed?
The data that is processed is dependent on the service that is being provided and on the recipient of this service, but will usually include:
- Name, address, telephone number and/or email address (if provided).
How long do we hold data for?
We retain the personal data processed by us for as long as is considered necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected. There may also be occasions which will require data to be kept for longer; however, this will typically be for legal purposes.
Sharing personal data
We will only share personal data when we have an operational purpose to do so. We put contractual arrangements and security mechanisms in place to protect the data and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards.
Personal data held by us may be securely transferred to sub consultants/contractors who will carry out work or the surveying on our behalf.
Locations of processing
Individuals have certain rights over their personal data and data controllers are responsible for fulfilling these rights as follows:
- Individuals may request access to their personal data held by us as a data controller.
- Individuals may request us to rectify personal data submitted to us, either by contacting us via the relevant website registration page or on the applications with which they registered.
- Individuals may request that we erase their personal data.
- Where we process personal data based on consent, individuals may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us.
- Individuals may object to our processing of personal data and the right to data portability.
- Individuals may request information about, or human intervention into, any automated data processing that we may undertake.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about our use of personal data should be sent by email with the details of the complaint to email@example.com. We will investigate and respond to any complaints we receive.
Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). For further information on rights and how to complain to the ICO, please refer to the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
Data Controller and contact information
The data controller for Pellings is Pellings.
If there are any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact us at:
24 Widmore Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1RY
Changes to our privacy statement
Updates to this privacy statement will appear on this website. This privacy statement was last updated on 28/08/2018.